From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 00:08:50 GMT
While I was in San Antonio I suggested that one of the best uses
of the Web would be the ability to get images of important finds,
like the cave paintings just discovered in France, easily.

When I got back and plowed through my mail and newsgroups lo and
behold there was the site curtesy of the French Ministry of Culture:

http://www.culture.fr/gvpda.htm

The text is in French and there are thumbnails that bring up jpegs
that can also be downloaded if you save them to disk.

Robbin Murphy (who flew back from San Antonio to NY with a rugby team)