From:
Danette Sokacich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:00:48 -0400
Attention Directors and Development Officers,

With the events of a month ago looming in memory, it is apparent that
this tragedy is beginning to have economic ramifications throughout the
museum community.

Everyday new information becomes available about how fundraisers should
handle themselves during this sensitive time.  It is important that the
museum community is aware of the changes in order to act accordingly.

Working as the Development Associate for the American Association of
Museums, I am seeking information about how the fiscal and fundraising
components of museums have been affected by the terror attacks.

In the interest of museums and the AAM, we are asking three questions:

1)  What is happening at your museum regarding fundraising
throughout the end of 2001?
2)  What are the financial implications of 9/11/01 i.e.
revenue generating events canceled/postponed, grants being
reallocated by the grantor, low visitation (if fee based admission)?
3)  What are your fundraising/revenue projections for the
first 2 quarters of 2002 (January 1, 2002-June 30, 2002)?

This information will be very useful to assist museums with ideas and
options to overcome these economic hardships.  I appreciate your assistance
with this project.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Best wishes,
Danette T. Sokacich
Development Associate