From:
Angela Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:30:23 -0800
I am working for a program called Save Outdoor Sculpture! (SOS!) and
am in need of some information.  Specifically, I am searching for
medium-sized to large museums throughout the United States that have a
collection of or interest in outdoor public sculpture.

SOS! is sponsored jointly by the National Museum of American Art and
Heritage Preservation (formerly National Institute for the
Conservation of Cultural Property).  SOS!’s first initiative was
creating an inventory of America’s outdoor public sculpture.  This
phase of SOS! has been completed.  SOS! 2000 is our initiative for the
millennium and is focused on enhancing preservation and appreciation
of America's historical and contemporary outdoor sculpture.  We are
looking for museums, libraries and historical societies that would be
interested in working with our local SOS! chapters in getting the word
out about outdoor sculpture.

If you know of any museums that have an interest in public sculpture
or that already work with their communities in preserving and
educating about public outdoor sculpture, please let me know.

Thanks,
Angela

==
Angela K. Roberts