From:
Carla Morse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 16:33:00 +0000
----------
I am searching for some information on an American artist named W.A. Walker.

All I know about this artist is that his work dates back to the Civil War period
in Southern US and he was a "roadside artist" who painted workers in the cotton
fields and other southern locales as souvenirs for travellers.  This info is by
word of mouth only and therefore may be very wrong.

Has anyone heard of this artist?
Is his or her work in any of your collections?
Any publications exist which might give me more information?
I checked our national collections database (CHIN) and came up empty.

Absolutely any information you can provide would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Carla Morse
HMCS HAIDA Naval Museum
Toronto, ON CANADA