From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:50:07 -0500
Jodi, you wouldn't believe the comments we get about the name of Historic
Crab Orchard Museum (it's the National Register name for this historic
archaeological site) -- but last week the National Trust for Historic
Preservation sent us notice that we had been "nominated" for membership if
we'd just send our dues.  The "confirmation" of nomination and the
"certificate" of nomination both had this nomination in the name of:

HISTORIC CRAB

in bold type.

<s>  And then I get computer-generated mail-merged letters saying "Dear Mr.
Crab" at least a couple of times a year.  If I ever win the Publisher's
Clearninghouse Sweepstakes, I'm sure it will be under that name.

Ross

       >For months I have been coveting your e-mail address and as I now
know that it refers to your organization rather than your disposition, I,
too, can be a HistCrab rather than That Cranky Woman in Registration.

Jodi<