From:
Abigail Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:35:55 +1200
I'm interested to hear some of your experiences on integrating a computerised database into general museum registration operations.
We're about to embark on a project involving registering our invertebrate collection - probably upwards of 400 000 specimens.  There is an existing invert register, which has entries dating back to the 1890s - but there is some discussion that the use of this should be discontinued.  It is suggested that information from the specimen labels goes directly onto the database with no steps in between.

What are your thoughts/experience on this?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Abigail Blair
Registrar, Natural Sciences
Otago Museum
PO Box 6202
Dunedin, New Zealand
Tel: (03) 4747474 ext 862
Fax: (03) 477 5993
www.otagomuseum.govt.nz

Don't miss your chance to take an incredible journey through the human body in MISSION EARTHLING, our Special Exhibition here until 8 August!

Otago Museum does not accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly those of Otago Museum.

Otago Museum employs all strict and reasonable virus control measures and accepts no liability for any loss caused either directly or indirectly by a virus arising from the use of this message or any attached file.
-