From:
Dennis Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 1994 23:23:07 -0400
There is, in fact, an entire listserv dedicated to those of us (poor? I
still have mixed feelings about the software, but hey! I still use
it...and it is getting better with each version!) souls who are ARGUS Users.
Anyone interested in knowing more about this please respond to me
personally and not to the list. This is not an endorsement of any of the
products, and frankly, after the recent bash-fest about the conservators, I
think we are all being a little overly-sensitive about what constitutes
*commercial* use of the 'Net. You wanna see blatant? Check out some of the
postings that come across VPIE-J, where some of the heavy-duty publishers
hang out and discuss how they want to get involved in electronic
publishing...
Dennis Moser                           (313)271-1620 x 657
Project Photo Archivist         Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village
                Send E-mail to one of the following:
[log in to unmask] (w/ subject line="Dennis")

"Blessed are the Flexible...for they shall not be bent out of shape..."

On Sun, 4 Sep 1994, Paul Apodaca. wrote:

> The Bowers Museum, like a growing number of Western State museums, uses the
> ARGUS Collections Management Software System produced by Questor Systems in
> Pasadena. The software was actually developed at the Southwest Museum with
> the input of the curatorial staff, Peter Welsh and Steven Le Blanc. Peter
> now directs the Heard and Steven left the museum business (sort of) to work
> for Questor.
{MUCH STUFF DELETED HERE...}