From:
Carole DeFord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 14:24:27 -0500
We would appreciate any ideas that you can put forth
regarding adding humidity to wall showcases (4' x3').
They currently house organic anthropological artifacts
but the humidity has dropped to 25%.  They usually live
at 45-50% in storage.  The cases are obviously not
sealed now and the problem of building a microclimate
is that the temperature fluxuates from 72-80o due to
the floodlights outside the cases about 6' away and
the heating arrangements for a large lobby with
doors to the outside.  With that much change in temperature,
the carrying capacity of the humidity might go over 50%
and begin mold problems.
I am listening for any suggestions but please post them
to my personal address rather than clutter up the
list.   Thank you in advance,
Carole S. DeFord
Collections Manager
Cranbrook Institute of Science