From:
Stephen Nowlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 10:12:25 -0800
The architect for the Williamson Gallery at Art Center College of Design
was Frederick Fisher and Partners.  I highly recommend them.  Fred is part
of the generation of young architects who worked with Frank Gehry and then
began their own practices.  Fred's office is in Santa Monica but his
projects are spread around Southern California, San Francisco, New York,
even China.  He is very knowledgeable about contemporary art and sensitive
to artist and curatorial concerns in space planning.  In addition to our
gallery he has done the Eli Broad Foundation gallery, L.A. Louver gallery,
PS-1 in New York, and many others including non-gallery projects.  Best of
all, our gallery was finished on time and on budget!  I checked him out
thoroughly beforehand and heard the same thing from other clients.

Rizzoli has just published a book on Fred, (with L.A. Louver on the cover).
His
phone is 310 820-6680, fax 820-6118.

Good luck!

Stephen Nowlin
Vice President
Director, Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery