From:
Liberace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:07:42 GMT
The Liberace Museum in Las Vegas was established by entertainer Liberace in
1979 and funds the Liberace Scholarship Foundation for the Performing and
Creative Arts.Current visitation is approximately 200,000 annually.

Curator of Collections

The Liberace Museum seeks its first Curator. Responsible for documentation
of an extensive collection owned by entertainer Liberace. Help us create a
new museum experience as we double our exhibit space and begin a changing arts
exhibit program in the nation s fastest growing city. The highly motivated
curator will create timelines for cataloging, exhibit development and
publications. He/she will coordinate collection conservation and be part of
the exhibit and retail teams. Reports to the Director and supervises the
Archivist and student interns. Collection experience required, MA preferred.
Will be part of the the Exhibits Team and the Retail Team.Starting salary
$25,000-$30,000 plus full benefits. Send letter of interest, curriculum vitae,
and 3 references.

Visitor Services Manager

Responsible for overseeing all revenue producing services . He/she will be
responsible for retail product development and buying. Will also help design
a new store as we expand the museum. This individual will be the contact
person for store vendors as well as tour bus groups, special events, and
concierge relations. Requires experience in retail management, customer
service, event coordination, and group scheduling preferably in a nonprofit
environment . Interest in the performing and creative arts a must. CAM Data
experience a plus; web page experience helpful. The Visitor Services Manager
will be part of the Retail Team and the Exhibits Team. He/she will report to
The Executive Director and will supervise The Store Manager and staff. Start
date: by May 1st. Salary: $23-28K to start DOE. Full benefit package.

Sandra L. Harris
Executive Director
The Liberace Foundation and Museum
1775 East Tropicana Avenue