Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 00:39:50 GMT
>>I am a graduate student at the University of Oregon in Arts Management.
I have been participating in this listserv for a few weeks and hope that
some of you can help me, too.

I am trying to locate organizations that use performance to illustrate
historical people and events.

Sandra Gladney
MS student in Arts Management
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR

Many apologies for this shameless self-promotion!  I couldn't resist the
temptation.  I just signed on to the list for the first time in months and
saw this post. Might as well let all our friends in museum-l land know our
new address, too.

History on the Hoof
P.O. Box 421
Burlington, New Jersey  08016
Stacy F. Roth and David Emerson, Co-Directors
(609) 239-2706

(formerly of Langhorne, Pennsylvania)

History on the Hoof is an educational performance troupe that creates,
performs, and manages history-themed programs (first- and third-person
interpretation, demonstrations, songs and music, storytelling, puppetry,
etc.) for schools, museums, and other organizations.

We have quite a bit more literature prepared on our organization--and I
have a work on first-person interpretation techniques (and many related
interpretive  issues)  which (I hope) will be going to press in the near
future. It's title is PAST INTO PRESENT: TRENDS & TECHNIQUES IN
FIRST-PERSON INTERPRETATION.  The publisher is University of North
Carolina Press.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) is interested in receiving
information email your snail mail address or fax number to:

or

Stacy