From:
Matthew Nickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 1994 18:02:27 +1100
To all those museums who offer online access to their databases, images
or online exhibits I am interested in obtaining ONE ( I repeat one week
only ) weeks statistics of the users of your services. These statistics
are available from your systems administrators.

I want to compare usage of available online museum resources against such
things as information types, the latest Internet survey of usage by country
, days of the week etc.

To this end the information I require is the following:

1. Type of service available ( Gopher, Mosaic, etc )

2. Type of material ( database(text), images, online exhibit etc)

3. Statistics showing how many requests per day of that week

4. Statistics showing client domain by subdomain per country domain per week

Please choose the most recent week when all the schools, colleges and
universities in your country are NOT on holidays.

I realise that it is only early days and that people don't know what's
available, etc. etc. etc. etc. but.

Files MUST be sent to me at the following address. Do not send to the
MUSUEM-L list.

Files should be emailed to my personal address:

or if there is trouble with that then send it:

using anonymous FTP to pioneer.mov.vic.gov.au.

Thank you

Matthew Nickson.

*          Matthew Nickson        * Museum Of Victoria, Australia    *
*  [log in to unmask] *  Photographic Archive Project    *
*       Ph. +61 3 392 4821        *       Fax. +61 3 399 2028        *