From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:34:37 -0400
At 05:08 PM 8/19/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Lynne,
>
>>Is this typical of this  list, and if so, should I just UNSUBSCRIBE now?
>No, I don't think it is.
>Even though I am a list member only since early 1996 it has already given me
>many valuable insights and informations and I even met people there whom I
>have meanwhile become friends with. I wouldn't miss either. So please do not
>unsubscribe now.

I have to agree with Fritz.  The flame wars that will crop up on any list
from time to time are easy to avoid by simply deleting the messages from
that particular thread.  All other information I have found highly valuable
and good for staying in touch with what is happening in museums around the
world.  Plus it's an excellent way to make contacts and get practical
information on working in the museum field.

Stick with it.  I think you will find it enjoyable once you learn to weed
out the schlock from the valuable information.  All listservs have flame
wars that crop up and annoying users on them.  It's just the nature of the
internet today.

Good luck!!

Deb Fuller

Staples &  Charles Ltd.