From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:37:04 -0500
I am told by a number of "grant-makers" that some of their best proposals
come from individuals who don't usually write funding requests.  They are
more straight-forward, quite often, and not so cumbersome that they end up
at the bottom of the pile of submissions. That would not be true of
government grant sources, probably....government proposals require lots of
paperwork and a certain language.

As an all-volunteer group, Ships Company may have a skilled writer who can
simply refer to a manual on proposal-writing, prepare the general proposal,
and then get copies in the right hands for review.

This is not intended to minimize the effectiveness of professional proposal
writers.  It is intended to question whether the Ships Company really needs
one.
Ross Weeks Jr.
Historic Crab Orchard Museum & Pioneer Park
Tazewell, Va.
http://histcrab.netscope.net