From:
Ware Petznick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:43:13 -0600
Ken

For conservation reasons we have reduced all lighting in the mansion to 15W
or 25W (except a few carbon-filament bulbs that are 40W-60W on the third
floor). For the 15W bulbs, we have used a special converter that permits a
candelabra bulb to fit in a standard Edison socket. Conservation and light
levels were the motivation, but I can't imagine that it hasn't had a
positive effect on our electricity bill also.

Hope this helps!
Ware

L.W.S. Petznick, Ph.D.
McFaddin-Ward House
Curator of Collections
725 Third St.
Beaumont, TX 77701
www.mcfaddin-ward.org
409.832.1906 p
409.832.3483 f

The McFaddin-Ward House features three floors of original furnishings,
including a newly restored third floor. Learn how the First World War
affected the McFaddin family as we explore "Foxtrots and Foxholes"
throughout 2007. Call 409-832-2134 for tour information.