From:
"Tom D. Bennett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:28:13 -0800
Well, said, Indigo!!

We configured my friends server, running Apache, to log any and all traffic,
and on our latest review of
all the log files we ran across everything from virus to DDoS bot attempts.
Some even re-configured themselves to return to a different port within
seconds, trying a littany of port settings.  Roughly 70% have come from UAE,
China and South America.

Apache has its own firewall, but we also run a second before the router.  I
consider we have been lucky so far in catching all attempts, but that may
not last long.

Indigo is totally correct.

Tom bennett