From:
Claudia Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 13:20:53 GMT
And so, if low wages paid to museum workers result from our willingness
to accept them, and we don't get sufficient raises because we are nervous
about asking for them, then how do we break this cycle?

In the thread about unpaid internships, almost the same point was made:
despite the fact that internships SHOULD be paid, there will always be
willing people to take these things for free.  Why should I hold out for
a larger salary at my next job if there is a ton of people behind me
willing to take less?

This seems like an issue about which we should all pull together, or no
one wins.  How, precisely, do we do that?  Does anyone have an idea?

Claudia Nicholson
Curator of Collections
South Dakota State Historical Society
Pierre, SD

In article <[log in to unmask]>, Silver City Museum
<[log in to unmask]> says: