From:
Catherine Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 10:08:10 -0500
duate student in American Studies at the University of Iowa
currently writing my dissertation on how multiculturalism has changed
interpretative authority at the  Chicago Historical Society. I am currently
living in Atlanta and would like to find an internship at a history museum in
the area while I am writing.

I completed an undergraduate degree in English and History with honors at
Emory University with an emphasis on Southern and African American literature
and history.  I wrote an undergraduate thesis on Jessie Fauset (a Harlem
Renaissance writer).  At the graduate level, I have training in women's
history (colonial period to the present), ethnic and immigration history
(1840-1940), ethnic literature (African American, Native American, Asian
American, etc.), and museum studies (including exhibit design) -- truly
interdisciplinary.  I have curated two exhibitions at the University of Iowa
- one small exhibit on German and Japanese medicine during World War II and
another on the life stories of African art objects.  I have been teaching at
the university level for the past 4 years (3 1/2 at Iowa and one semester at
Agnes Scott) and was nominated for the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
in 1993, 1994 and 1995.  Lastly, I also have some experience in public
relations, am very computer literate, and have extensive knowlege of changes
in the museum world in education, exhibit design, public programming.  Anyone
have any ideas or suggestions? Please respond directly to Catherine Lewis