From:
David Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:54:22 -0400
Hello all,
I am posting this for a colleague.  Please reply to me off list if you know
the whereabouts of this painting and I will pass along the information to
her.  Thanks.
Sincerely,
David Ryan
Registrar
Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
www.cspm.org

"Hello.  I am writing you from Cornell University Library on behalf of a
person who is attempting to locate a painting by John Harrison Mills from
1864.  The painting is a rendering of Ezra Cornell's Durham Shorthorned
bull named "Hotspur."  (This oil painting won the bronze metal for "Best
Oil Painting of an Animal by an American Artist" given by the New York
Agricultural Society.)  A person we contacted during our research indicated
that your museum may know the whereabouts of this painting.  Any
information you can provide will be appreciated.

Regards,
Holly Mistlebauer"