From:
"Kevin W. Tucker" <ktucker*@SCSN.NET>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:13:39 GMT
I'm looking for a stamped brass, center-mount, Federal-style knob with a 2
1/4" diameter backplate.  I've tried just about every major supplier (Ball and
Ball, Whitechapel, etc.) of period-style brasses with no luck -- 2" seems to
be the largest diameter backplate available.

If anyone can send me a source for this knob/backplate combo, I'll reward the
lucky person with a choice of a free one-year membership at our museum (the
Columbia Museum of Art in South Carolina), or a selection of exhibition
catalogues from our museum shop (including ones which include period
furniture).

It must have a 2 1/4" backplate!

Thanks!

Kevin W. Tucker

(remove the "*" from my address to reply)