From:
"Susan L. Maltby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:32:53 -0400
I would like to throw my 2 cents in as a conservator on the Kewpie doll
postings.  These dolls are made from cellulose nitrate which is an inherently
unstable material.  When cellulose nitrate degrades it gives off nitric acid
which can damage other collections.  So, they may be cute but they don't play
well with other artifacts.

Susan Maltby, Conservator
Maltby & Associates Inc.