From:
Gary Acord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 18:11:52 UT
I strongly disagree with the statement that Access was never intended for
serious database application.  perhaps not for huge enterprise applications,
sure.  But Access is a VERY powerful databases for what it is, a desktop
application comparable to Foxpro or Paradox.( i actually think it's better
than Paradox).  In fact,  I currently have a mission critical application
built entirely in Access that is serving offices in the US and th UK
simultaneously.  This includes highly active, remote/traveling users with
laptops.  It has over 40 queries,  tons of code,  dynamic reports,  a
miniature messaging system.  the list goes on and so does the database.
So, while Access may be a bit daunting to some, and not enough for huge shops,
it  is certainly ready and willing to stand up to many tasks.  It's no server
side rdbms but it's a fine product.(pardon)

Gary Acord
Acord Information Management