From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:20:36 -0500
Probably redundant: but you probably have seen the excellent double article
in the January "Museum News"--7 experts define the wualities of excellent
museum sites and point to their favorite exemplars and "So You Want to
Build a Web Site" (reprinted from MCN's SPECTRA). Both very useful for
folks who already have a web site and wondering what next.

Also note the Museums on the Web conference coming up in March
<http://www.archimuse.com:80/critda~1.htm>

David Green

You should contact Mary Korenic, curator of education, Milwaukee Public
>Museum.  She is chairing a session at the AAM conference about evaluating
>web sites.
>I don't have her e-mail address handy, but you can find her at the Milwaukee
>Public Museum's web site.
>
>At 06:41 PM 1/8/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>I posted this question a couple of weeks ago.  A few people have claimed
>>to have not seen it, so I'm re posting.  Sorry for the repetition.
>>
>>Our museum is in the process of enhancing our web site.  We'd like to
>>know what kinds of information are patrons asking when
>>visiting/e-mailing your web site (besides where are you located, what
>>time are you open, etc.etc.)?  For example, do they ask about the
>>collection?  Do they request research information from curators/subject
>>experts?  Also, has the number of sale from your museum shop gone up
>>since launching your site?
>>
>>Thank you in advance for you help!
>>
>>Mia Llarena
>>Educator, The Sixth Floor Museum

David L. Green
Executive Director
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
21 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036
www-ninch.cni.org
202/296-5346                                  202/872-0884 fax