From:
Patrick Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:36:23 -0500

Greetings,

My institution is considering setting up a speaker's bureau.

I am interested in hearing from other institutions that have a program utilizing volunteer and paid staff.  What guidelines have been established to manage the program and resources.  Some of the questions we have identified are:
1) How is paid staff compensated.
2) How frequently does paid staff out and speak to groups.
3)  Is size of the group a determining factor in booking a talk?
4) What is the service region?
If you respond off the list I will summarize for the group and post the replies.

Thanks,

Patrick