From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:24:07 -0700
In addition to this list, I am involved in several others with respect
to philanthropy.  Since I plan to segue to full-time nonprofit work
after the first of the year, it's a way of garnering insight from afar
to better prepare me.

I'm sure you'll get some great, museum-specific answers from this
list.  However, if you would like to address these same issues in a
broader forum on the subject of development as a whole and do not know
where the other lists are, contact me privately, and I will share.

Right now, I receive mail from Charity Law, Charity Soft(ware),
Grants, Charity Talk, Arts Gift, Cyber Volunteer Program Manager, and
a few others.  There's a wealth of insight to be gleaned.

Indigo Nights

---Promotional Advantage <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Our museum is relatively new and we are a nonprofit 501C3 and I
assume many
> of you are also nonprofits. Our fundraising thus far has been for
exhibits
> and our day to day operations buget has been a major problem. As the
new
> director I would like to help develop the board in their fundraising
role
> and was wondering if anyone had a good article or material that I
could use
> at the next board meeting(and future meetings). I do have "Collective
> Visions" but I am searching for additonal information. Has anyone
> discovered a real effective way to handle the operations budget
crisis? Any
> information or ideas will be greatly appreciated. P.S. This group is a
> great resource for us new directors...your willingness to share
information
> is great!!!
>
> Thanks, Nancy
> Children's Museum in Snohomish County