From:
"Robert B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 05:10:30 +0200
Its like in most professions its not what you know,
its who you know, when it comes to finding employment.
The other day reading the job ads, I came across the
following sentence “We regret that we are unable to
reply to every applicant. If you do not hear from us
within three weeks, please assume you have not been
shortlisted.”   So even email, fax and templates in
word processors are to time consuming? It is an
indication that to many people apply for one job and
even at senior management level, do not expect a
reply.

If you love to broaden your horizon go for it. But do
not expect respect and recognition, and be ready to
work in a completely different field of expertise. I
had to work in a bank for a wile, and trust me that
feels weird after 15 years in the arts. Study and
learn because your heart tells you so, cause you love
it. Then you will never regret it. Cause sulking some
how never works.

A lot of my friends studied to post grad level and
never got a job in a museum. Now they have the
education and owe banks tons of money. My education
cost me around 150'000$US. As a parent I would never
be able to give that to my kids. So we have to decide
where the priorities are. I have no children, and
working in the arts is my future.

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de