From:
Stanley Bulbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 22:30:33 -0800
Heidi Anderson wrote:

> There is a book on Museum Law called the same by Marilyn Phelan, a professor
of
>  Law at Texas Tech University.  Her book is pretty good.
> I am a museum science major at Tech and needed to take her law class as part
of
>  my curriculum.
> If you need bibliographic information, let me know, I can get it for you
later.
>  (the book is not here at my work)
> hope that helps
> Heidi L. Anderson
> The Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Collections Assistant

Would you also be able to recommend sources on ethic standards and/or
practices for research by museums?  When I was getting my Ph.D. at NYU in
 Ancient Near Eastern Studies, I - like all other doctoral students - had
to adhere to fundamental research protocols.  Currently, I am in a
different area of work, dealing with exhibitions by contemporary art
museums.  While often they claim to founding their exhibitions based on
academic research, it seems to be free from the requirements found in
university graduate departments.  Are they any sources defining museum's
less stringent research requirements?

Thanks for your further advise.

Stanley Bulbach