From:
Eugene Dillenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:18:54 -0500
OK, did anyone actually go to the site?  It looks like it's an RSS,
collecting articles from Time, AP, Reuters, and a host of other mainstream
sources.  I couldn't find all the articles Eric cites.  Of those I could,
many, like "Indiana Jones of the Right," "Mohammed's Monsters," and "Doing
Buisness With Gays," turned out to be advertisements.  (The first I found
rather disturbing; the second, though unfortunately titled, made a point of
stressing that terrorists are very much a minority in Islam; the third
required registration.  For all I know, it was advice on serving that
market.)  Biblical prophecy is beyond the realm of science, so there's not
much to say on those pieces.  The articles on the UN were pretty much a
rehash of the reporting Claudia Rosett has been putting in the Wall Street
Journal for a year now (and now the subject of several investigations).  The
"stright pride" piece was very short and (pardon the expression)
straight-forward -- nothing I could see to offend anyone.

Meanwhile, the ID uproar has made the mainstream press, and the Smithsonian
is not coming off looking too good:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110006220

Personally, I worry more about the left-wing hate machine.  But that's just me.

-- Gene Dillenburg