From:
Brad Holderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:43:26 -0700
Andy,

First, I don't work with a museum.  But, I have some
experience with Past Perfect, but use and develop MS
Access for a large format blueprint firm.  Based on
some conversations I have had offlist, you starting
point in considering each is the individual(s) who
will be assembling and managing the database.
Depending on that person's skill and complexity of the
database can lead towards either way.  Clean and
simple, I would go with Past Perfect as it is a
collections management software.

As for Access, a lot more can be done with it
utilizing its Visual Basic and SQL capabilities.  With
this, it can be used as a simple search and
collections management, but also developed further as
a research and analytical tool.

As I mentioned, my experience with Past Perfect and is
pretty limited, but analytical process and development
options seem to be pretty limited.

I'm sure others will dissect my argument fairly
thouroughly, and come back with other comments will
help me out as well.

Cheers,
Brad