From:
Angela Minner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 00:33:07 EST
Dear Meaghan,

I have in my possession a small book about the architect of House on the Rock,
Alex Jordan.  I also have a larger book with pictures of the House (both books
about 15 years old), but I'm not sure if I know where it is at the moment, or
if I have already discarded it.

I'm not sure what your particular interest is in the house (if you want to
visit it, study it, etc.?), but I would be happy to send you one or both of
the books, whichever I can find in the disorganized mess that is my home!

I was planning on getting rid of the books as I have no use for them any
longer.  My personal history with the house--if you're interested--is of
visiting it at the age of six or seven and being scared to death!  It is quite
creepy to a young child, very dark and eerie.  However, most adults are
fascinated by it.  One minor caveat: my mother and aunt re-visited it a couple
of years ago and apparently it has not been kept up as well as it could be
(very dusty, not climate-controlled).  Nonetheless, it remains a popular
tourist destination.  I hope that if you have use for one or both of the
books, you will reply and I can send them to you.  Thanks for reading!

Angela Minner