From:
Jamie Credle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:18:29 GMT
POSSESSED BY THE PAST,  a three-character play about the life and times of
Weeks Hall (1894-1958): artist, photographer, pioneer preservationist, and
the man writer Harnett Kane called "the last of the Southern Gentlemen".
After studying art at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and in
London and Paris following World War I, Hall returned to Louisiana where he
would take possession of his ancestral Antebellum plantation home, "The
Shadows", which, over time, came to take possession of him.

Images of the house, Weeks Hall, and his paintings and photographs, as well
as a synopsis of the play, which will soon be casting in preparation to
accepting bookings can be found at:

Http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/1553/
Novelist Henry Miller, who spent a month with Hall at his plantation home in
1941, said of Weeks Hall:

"I admired him and pitied him both. I felt his presence all through the
house, flooding it like some magic fluid. He had created that which in turn
would recreate him....He was a self-convicted prisoner inhabiting the aura
of his own creation.."

This play would be an ideal fundraiser or special program for Art Museums,
and Historic sites as well as traditional theater settings.

The script is also available for independent productions.
Raleigh Marcell    Beaumont, Texas