From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:49:10 -0500
Vanya-
I definitely would against punching through the object.  Is he worried about
them only while on exhibit.  Why not find a material that could be placed
over just the SS#  while on display? A first thought might be to
encapsulated them and them use something like a marking material or a pencil
for plastic numbering to "black out" the number.  You could also agree to
restrict access to them even while in storage until after he has passed
away.  We often deal with lots of similar materials like that and this is
some of the way that we have handled this in the past for many of the law
enforcement officers that we deal with here.

Hope this helps
Tracie Evans
Collections Manager
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum