From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:26:21 -0400
One key benefit to membership in the Registrars Committee of the American
Association of Museums is access to the forms and information
clearinghouse. If you are not a member of RC (well not to push it but
joining is pretty painless) you might contact the New England Registrars
Association to see if they offer a similar benefit. If you don't own "The
New Museum Registration Methods" Buck and Gilmore, eds. You probably
should.

While I'm at it, there are five independent regional (US) registrarial
associations and one subgoup of a regional museum association (MAAM). All
offer great resources and help with collections management and registrarial
issues. And they tend to be inexpensive to join--US$10 or US$20. These
groups offer regional workshops, meetings, and networks for those of us
with collections responsibilities. Info on line (naturally) at
www.rcaam.org.

Diane Gutenkauf
Member: RC-AAM, MRC, etc.