From:
David Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:55:43 +0100
The Royal Electronic and Mechanical Engineering Corps (I think that is
what REME stands for) at Arborfield, have had some very good experiences
- especially as they have put some details of their vehicle collections
on their site (which comes free with their email account). They get 3-5
email enquiries a week, and a small flow of donations and sales as a
result of their publicity.

Contact me off-list if you would like to speak to them.

David

In article <[log in to unmask]>, Kizzy Stonell
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>I work for a medium sized museum with an internationally important
>collection, in the south west of England.  The Museum is administered by
>a Society of about 1,000 members.  There have been tentative steps to
>look into getting a page on the internet.  Have other similar museums
>had good/bad experience of this ?  How do your visitor figures stand ?
>How does income result, does it pay for itself ?  Does it attract
>membership ?
>
>Your help would be very much appreciated !!

David Dawson                           email: [log in to unmask]
Outreach Manager - ICT                 Museum Documentation Association

MDA WEB SITE - http://www.open.gov.uk/mdocassn/index.htm

1 Hitchman Drive, Chipping Norton, OX7 5BG Telephone 01608 645576

MAIN MDA OFFICE - Jupiter House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JD
Tel: (+44) 1223 315760 Fax: (+44) 1223 362521