Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 1994 12:33:13 EST
Re. the earlier comment on Steve Martin's movie LA Story, that no-one would
ever get to rollerskate in a museum.

Well, I have seen a visitor on rollerblades in the National Museum of American
History.  She got away with this by going in on a crowded summer day and having
her boyfriend pull her by the hand so that if you didn't look down on her feet
you wouldn't really notice that she was on rollerblades except for the fact
that her head didn't bob up and down.  I don't think the guards even noticed!

  [log in to unmask]   |  "Real solemn history, I cannot be
 MA program in Public History |   interested in....The quarrels of popes
   Indiana University-        |   and kings, with wars or pestilences
    Purdue University at      ü   in every page; the men all so good for
     Indianapolis             |   nothing, and hardly any women at all."
   BACK IN TOWN!!!   8-)      ü                       --JANE AUSTEN