From:
Barry May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:16:52 -0700
FLHF wrote:

> Barry maybe you can help these museum folks out with this glass question
> that was posted today on the museum listserve I subscribe to.
>
> Hundwasser

> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:27:17 -0400
> From: Basia Baklinski <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hello Listserv members,
>
> The Peterborough City Archives (Ontario, Canada) is trying to locate a
> 'convenient' supplier of glass adhesive to repair broken glass negatives.
>
> One type of adhesive that is recognized by CCI is:  HXTAL NYL-1 EPOXY.
>
> Another adhesive is Epoxy Glass.
>
> If anyone knows a supplier of these products or another, please contact:
>
>       Basia Baklinski, Conservator,
>       City Archives,  Peterborough Centennial Museum and Archives,
>       Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.

> Thanks very much,
>
> Basia Baklinski

> Important Subscriber Information:

Basia,
  My friend referred your question to me because I've operated an art
glass studio for the past 32 years. He has seen the results of various
repairs and gallery quality fine art glass sculptures I've produced over
the years. I am not familiar with the products you mentioned, but I have
had very good results with an ultraviolet cured glass adhesive
manufactured by the loctite corp. sold by The Home Depot retail stores
here in California. It is sold over the counter by the name of CLEAR
GLASS ADHESIVE. It's properties leave the repaired area crystal clear
and under even the most adverse conditions stronger than the glass it is
mending. CLEAR GLASS ADHESIVE can be cured by direct sun light or by an
ultraviolet or black light. For more information you may call the
Loctite Coorp. at 1-800-321-0253. I will be glad to help with any info I
can. I can be reached at 619-281-9768 or <[log in to unmask]>

                          Good luck,
                             Barry May
                             BARRYMAY ARTGLASS
                             2585 Univesity Ave.