From:
Vivian Lea Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 20:36:41 -0500
mirela marinescu wrote:

> I work like textiles conservator in Romanian National Museum of Art
> (MUCH DELETED)
>  Mirela Marinescu
>  e-mail:[log in to unmask]

My Apologies for sending to the whole list, but I've tried several times
emailing Mirela off-list and I keep getting failure notices.  Hopefully,
she'll see this...

Hi, Mirela!  I received your nice Christmas greetings. I have been
saving your earlier post to Musum-L re: pest management techniques.  Are
you familiar with the publication, "Integrated Pest Management" by Keith
Storey?  If not, please let me know and I'll send you an address where
you can get more information from the Smithsonian Institution's
conservation group.

Also, another question which may seem "out of the blue"...are you by
chance a Christian?  If so, are you an Orthodox Christian?  What makes
me ask is in your textile email, you mention iconostasis curtains and
altar cloths.  I am an Orthodox Christian (Russian) and was interested
in learning more about these textiles -- and perhaps picking up an
Orthodox penpal from across the seas! :^)

At present I work for a software firm that does collections management
software for museums, libraries & archives, Re:discovery Software, Inc.
(www.rediscov.com).  Prior to joining the company in May, I had worked
as a curator of collections for almost 15 years.

I look forward to corresponding with you.

Best wishes for a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!
VivianLea Stevens