From:
Ann Harlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 14:06:56 -0700
On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, Therese Zemlin wrote:

> REQUESTING COPIES OF MUSEUM BY-LAWS:  The Catherine Smith Gallery at
> Appalchian State University at Boone, NC will drawing up by-laws.  We
> would like to have examples of by-laws from other school-affiliated and
> non-profit galleries to use as models for our own by-laws.Thanks for
> your help. -- Therese Zemlin, Assistant Professor, Fibers, (704)262-2576

I think it would be rare for a college gallery to have "by-laws"
governing its general operations.  My gallery does have various policy
documents, e.g. Collection Policy, Exhibition Policy, Bylaws and
Operating Guideines for Advisory Board, Mission Statement, 10-Year Goals,
etc.  To receive copies, please send SASE to:

Ann Harlow, Director
Hearst Art Gallery, Box 5110
Saint Mary's College
Moraga, CA 94575

Let me know if you would also like information about the Association of
College and University Museums and Galleries (ACUMG).  I'm the Western
Regional Representative (and onetime president).