From:
Abbi Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:32:59 +0000
Someone posted something about this a while ago, but I thought I'd bring
it up again for those of you who are frustrated with "frivolous"
messages and may have missied it:

I'd like to remind everyone that this mailing list can also be viewed as
a newsgroup.  I have found that viweing it as a newsgroup is a much more
pleasurable expreience; I can easily ignore things I don't care to read
about, and my personal mailbox is never cluttered with messages that
need to be deleted.

You can view newsgoups through netscape or with other applications such
as newswatcher.  Just subscribe to <bit.listserv.museum-l>.  Messages
are grouped by subject for easy viewing/ignoring.  Believe me, it's a
much less aggravating way to deal with this list.

If you're unfamiliar with the technology, I'd be happy to answer any
questions.

Abbi Ball
Harn Museum of Art at the University of Florida