From:
Drew Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 00:38:00 +0000
----------
Request for Help

During photo research for a permanent gold exhibit at MacBride Museum in
Whitehorse, Yukon, we have come across a perfect image for a photo mural.

Unfortunately, the only available copy is of inferior quality and will not
withstand enlarging.

We are looking for a good quality contact print - the image is:

Claim No.  16 Eldorado, believed to be Tom Lippy's claim.  Original photograph
taken on glass plate negatives taken by Kinsey and Kinsey around the time of the
Klondike Gold Rush c. 1898-1900.

There are 3 plates that form a panoramic image showing the whole Eldorado valley
with many sluices, flumes, piles of pay dirt, cabins, wall tents, miners, etc.
visible.

The caption, located on the lower right hand of the middle plate is "Sluicing on
No 16 Eldorado Photo by Kinsey and Kinsey Grand Forks YT"

Anyone "out there" who has seen this image and knows where it may be contained
in a collection, public or private, please contact me.  Any help is appreciated
- copies of the images can be FAXed to anyone who needs more information.

Please respond off-list to:

Melanie Needham
Collection Manager
MacBride Museum