From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 19:23:19 -0500
In a message dated 97-11-14 15:44:46 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Do you think that some people speak to their colleagues in the same
>  unprofessional and unfriendly manner as some of us choose to write in
>  e-mail?
>
>  A response is not necessary.

Oh, but it is necessary. I think that the anonymity encourages outspokenss
and in some cases, a disregard for other people's feelings (why should we
care, it's not like we *know* them...). I think this is worthy of discussion
b/c of the similarities between email and letter writing. Case in point: we
used to hear about "Dear John letters," but rarely Dear John phone calls, and
now a surge in Dear John emails.

- Adrienne