From:
Anne-Marie Fenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:17:20 -0700
UBC (MOA) has developed a Certificate in Museum Studies (titled "Managing
Change and Imagining Tomorrow: Cultural Strategies in the Communications
Age") that is suitable for mid-career professionals in cultural
organizations.  It will be offered for the first time in 1997 (starting
April 4) and a good part of it is through distance learning.

We also offer credit courses in museum theory and practice in both
graduate and undergraduate programmes.  Core courses include museum
anthropology/material culture research, the care of cultural property,
the anthropology of public representation, conservation of organic and
inorganic materials, the anthropology of art, etc.  Museum-related
courses, though offered through the department (discipline) of
anthropology, are open to students in other disciplines.

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Randy Posynick wrote:

> In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
> (Jadranka Bacic) wrote:
>
> >         I am a 4th year Honours student in History at Carleton University
> > in Ottawa.  I am interested in pursuing a master's degree in museum
> > studies or any other related pogram.  Does anyone have any information
> > regarding such a program, preferably in Canada?  Your help would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thank You,
> >         Jadranka

> > Jadranka Bacic
> > Carleton University
> >
> > Email address: [log in to unmask]
> I am presently taking a Master of Arts in Museum Studies at John F. Kennedy
> University in Orinda, California (which is near San Francisco).  I love the
> program and would happily give you more info if you would consider relocating
> to the US. (Incidentally, I am Canadian, so I could tell you about student
> visas for the US.)
> I have also seen the brochure for a program at the University of British
> Columbia, which is an internet-based thoroughout the year with a summer session
> at UBC.
> Best of luck!
>
> --
> Caroline Posynick