From:
jennifer carlquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 01:18:25 -0600
There was some discussion on the list this past summer about the
"millennium bug." I have heard that some of the older collections
management software like MIMSY are susceptible to the problem. Although it
pains me to admit it, the only software my museum has ever used is MIMSY.
I would like to transfer the info into a modern system, of course. Does
anyone know if this has to be done before 2000?

Please reply off-list about your MIMSY advise.

Thank you,

Jennifer Carlquist
Curator of Education
Glensheen Historic Estate - University of Minnesota