From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:10:39 -0600
Andie -
Take heart.  Although the field is tremendously competitive, I rather doubt
the two of you would be competing for the same position in the same salary
range.  On the other hand, you never know.
We have been round and round on salaries and competition in the field.  I
remember trying to get a job teaching art in the 1970s - over 400 applicants
for some positions in the middle of nowhere or next to it.  In that case I
settled for earning a living in a reputable occupation that would not get me
arrested.  No, not at that point museum work...
Audra Oliver