From:
Jamie Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:42:06 -0500
(Apologies for the cross-postings)

Dear fellow listers:

I just wanted to let you know that the Powell Archaeological Research Center
(PARC) has a new web site that I encourage you to check out:

http://www.powellarchaeology.org/

To give you a little bit about our background, PARC is a non-profit
organization located on the western edge of the Cahokia Mounds Historic Site
in Collinsville, Illinois.  Dedicated to saving archaeological data for
future study, our organization has been formed by individuals concerned
about the destruction of archaeological sites by ongoing development in the
metropolitan St. Louis area.  Dr. John E. Kelly of Washington University and
the Central Mississippi Valley Archaeological Research Institute (CMVARI) is
the director of our organization.

This new web site is just one of several ways we are trying to promote our
mission of saving the past for the future in the American Bottom region.
Additionally, you will find news and research information, links to other
online archaeological resources, and an online book catalog selling titles
specializing in the archaeology of the Midwestern and Southeastern United
States.

To check all of this out, just point your browser to the following web
address: http://www.powellarchaeology.org/.  And, while you're there, feel
free to sign our guest book.

Note: For those of you with very slow modems (i.e., < 14.4 kbs) or for those
who have an intolerance for "fancy" graphics, use the following URL for a
text-only version of our site: http://www.powellarchaeology.org/Text

If you have any constructive comments or suggestions, please, by all means,
email me.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Jamie Kelly
The Powell Archaeological Research Center (PARC)