From:
Hervé Gagnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:37:48 -0500
The way I see it (and the way it is in Québec, Canada), anything produced on
belahf on an employer, museum or otherwise, is automatically copyrighted to
the employer unless stated otherwise in an employment contract.  As a
volunteer has no such employment contract, it seems to me he/she would have no
case at all.

Hervé Gagnon, Ph.D.
Director-curator
Colby-Curtis Museum