From:
Michelle Falzone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:03:15 PST
Dear Barbara,

At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we do ISDN-based videoconferencing
for K-12 students throughout the country.  We charge a fee for those
videoconferences of $100 for a 40min-1hour lesson.

We are currently in development on a web site that will supplement and
enhance what we do via videoconferencing.  It will be a resource for
teachers providing them with images, information, strategies, and
exchange opportunites.   We are also developing a web-based distance
learning course for teachers with a local university.  But, nothing is
on our site just yet.  We plan to offer the resource center free, but
charge for the course.

If you further questions about either of these programs, feel free to
contact me.

-Michelle Falzone, Distance Learning Coordinator
Philadelphia Museum of Art
215-684-7928

>From: Barbara Moses <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Distance learning
>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:46:08 PST
>
>We are considering developing distance learning programs for schools in
neighboring counties.  For those museums with distance learning
programs, are your programs free or do you charge a fee (e.g. the school
must subscribe)?  Also, are there any museums with
interactive/educational web sites (or virtual tours) that charge users
to access or to visit the sites?  Thanks for your help.