From:
Anne French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 13:36:00 PST
Here's a message from one of my colleagues who's not on Museum-L: replies
either off-list, please, or on, as you prefer. His email address is given
below.

Hi

I'm Daniel McElrea from the Museum of New Zealand (due for completion in
February 1998).  I am in charge of planning for a musuem cafe.  I would like
to get some idea of  what proportion of museum visitors would visit a museum
cafe. Can anyone tell me the figure for their museum, please? (I'm thinking
of total museum visitors, but excluding visitors who visit only the cafe, not
the rest of the museum.)

My thinking is that this figure, combined with expected daily visitor
numbers, will help establish a minimum cafe capacity to service the museum
visitors.  It will then be a matter of predicting numbers of customers who
will go to the museum cafe as a destination in itself to determine the total
cafe seating requirements.

Thanks for your help

Daniel McElrea