From:
courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 14:19:01 GMT0BST
Hello Museum-L.
I am an MA student researching museum/gallery programs that attempt to
directly involve or  incorporate diverse cultures in order to promote more
integrated national identities within multi-cultural societies.
 I have heard rumours that there are programs at both the Museum of Civilization
 in Canada and the Children's Museum in Boston which involve members
of local cultural communities in the creation and development of
exhibits. I have also heard that the Museum of Modern Art, Nigeria,
attempts to create a national identity through its multi-tribal exhibitions.
If any one knows of such programs or has advice, references, or thoughts
regarding this subject, please let me know!
I would really appreciate any information you could provide.
Thank you!
Courtney Shelton
MA Art History and Museum Studies
University of Manchester