From:
"Simmons, John E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:54:15 -0500
There is a creationist group in Kansas City that comes to our museum every
year or so to lead a tour through the galleries.  The leader of the group
expounds on how wrong the labels are in light of young earth creationism.  A
couple of staff members of tagged along with the group and videotaped part
of the tour--what the leader has to say is the usual creationist nonsense.
Because we are a public institution, we have never restricted private tours
of our public spaces, with the exception of safety considerations (number
allowed in the gallery, etc.).

John E. Simmons
Collection Manager, Natural History Museum
and
Coordinator, Museum Studies Program
University of Kansas
Dyche Hall